Our annual Rifle Sight-in Clinic is open to the public.
Saturdays and Sundays 9am-4pm
Sight in Check List
- Always keep your gun pointed in a safe direction.
- Present your empty firearm with the action open to be checked in at the door.
- Check your gun to make sure it’s in good, safe working order.
- Make sure the ammunition you have is the correct cartridge for your gun. Use only the ammo your gun is marked for!
- Use exactly the same ammunition to sight in your firearm as you plan to hunt with.
- Use a solid rest, and take your time. Before each shot, take a deep breath, let half of it out, and then hold it.
- Fire two or three shots and note their location on the target. If they are fairly close together, you’re ready to adjust your sights. If they’re not, then you’re probably not resting steadily or are flinching.
Once you’ve shot a reasonably tight group adjust your sights.
Move the rear sight in the direction you want the bullet to go. For example, if you’re shooting low, raise the rear sight. If you’re shooting left, move the rear sight to the right.
If you’re using a scope, adjust the crosshairs in the direction indicated on the scope. If you’re shooting low and left, turn the screws “up” and “right” the respective number of clicks.
If you would like to join our mailing list, click here. We promise not to give your information to anyone and will only email you with dates and changes for this annual event.